A busy weekend to review.
- Oguchi Onyewu, Mo Edu and DaMarcus Beasley are all champions, playing for sides that won their respective leagues in Europe.
- Jose Francisco Torres was subbed out early in the second half and watched Marco Vidal and Indios almost steal a birth in the Clasura Final from Pachuca. But Pachuca scored a late winner and advances to next weekend’s final. Reuters reports on the match.
- Several teams qualified for the US Open Cup through USASA and PDL qualifying. Included in the qualifcation are Ocean City of the PDL, Kitstap Pumas, Atlanta FC, Lynch’s FC, St Louis Lions, and Orange County Blue Star.
- The Third Half’s Johnathan Starling reports on the dramatic qualifcation of Lynch”s FC from Florida.
- The darlings of the CONCACAF Champions League, Puerto Rico Islanders fall further down the USL-1 table.
- My MLS/USL/WPS weekend review.
- 101 Great Goals has some good MLS goals from the weekend.
- Brian Quarstad’s thoughts on the draw between the Minnesota Thunder and Miami FC.
- Beau Dure has a review of everything going on worldwide with an American perspective here.